Okay, so here goes…I’m kinda following the lead of what fellow (supremely talented) artist Otis Frampton is doing over on his site.
Here’s the deal, to put it bluntly, I’m raising money to supplement my current income (which has recently been cut, being the fact that I work at my local newspaper) in order to be able to buy special food, ingredients, and appliances (to make food from scratch) for the majority of my household who need to be on a special gluten-free and cassiene free diet (which means no wheat, and no dairy). Those who know about this type of diet, know that the food and ingredients are very expensive, not to mention some needed appliances to make meals from scratch so that their bodies can digest the food correctly. I am trying to raise $1600 over the next 4 weeks (for both the food/ingredients & appliances). After the appliances are purchased, it will be down to just affording the food/ingredients every month (which will most likely vary between $800 to $1000). For now $1600 is the goal.
I have 80 slots to fill (approximately 20 cards per week).
Here are the details:
- The cards themselves are smooth bristol board cut to 2 1/2 in. X 3 1/2 in., drawn with pencil, inked with (waterproof and archival) Faber-Castell Pitt pens & colored with Prismacolor markers. They will cost $20 per card, FREE SHIPPING (U.S. only), and $5 for shipping if you live overseas.
- I only accept Paypal as payment. Please use this email for payment: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once completed, they would be inserted into a soft sleeve, and then into a UltraPro Top Loader, and shipped in a cardboard mailer.
- You have a choice of a simple headshot (from the chest on up), or an action shot, both can be up to a maximum of 2 characters. I will need some detailed description of what you want in order for me to do the best job possible. These will be high quality folks, so bring it on! (Note: Anything remotely pornographic-both content and visually- will NOT be accepted, so keep it clean ^_^).
- I will be doing approximately 20 cards per week. I’m starting a Ustream channel, and will be designating Sunday evenings as “Sketch Card Sundays”. At which time I will randomly choose 2 cards to do on-air within the 1 hour broadcast. (I will edit this post with the date and time when this starts asap)
- Because of the amount of cards I need to do per week, please allow up 3 to 5 days from the time the Paypal payment is received for me to finish the card and send it out to you. It may get to you earlier or later depending on where you live.
So, again, this is for a great cause, the health of my family! 🙂 If you are interested, shoot me an email: email@example.com